jueves, 13 de mayo de 2010

Rationale ProjectB

The final project came and the rules are very clear, there are two kinds of final projects, from which I chose the geo-narrative story.


The reason why I chose this project because I find interesting being able to tell a story and to complete the context through the mapping tool "Google Earth", I had written some stories befo

re, but never considered the whole idea of designing the environment in which takes place.


Google Earth is one great tool that every day I discover new features, the creation of custom maps is useful for the fact that has streets and some mapping interesting content making the browsing experience more complete and easily.

The moment of brainstorming had come to my he

ad, and now the question is… on that subject would begin to write? My always effective method to begin brainstorming is to take any book, put on the table, begin to turn the pages slowly coming to rest on some random page pointing somewhere, so you get different words which can then be written on a sheet, with those we can begin to formulate ideas around them, the words that came out this time are: bank, calendar, and mask.

The time has come to unite the ideas, it sounds like a story of men with masks, banks and agendas ... the decision was taken.

The story I wrote about an ordinary man like us who live in the city of Canberra, but all is not normal in your life because it has a secret side that not many people know ... a secret is a super hero, but not the typical story that we're used to American films, is a clerk wearing a Mexican wrestling mask, he has no super powers as usual in these stories, is just a citizen who is tired of all the injustices that have lived in their city, so he decided to a

ct and begin to fight against crime.

The city of Canberra is small and quiet so a fictional super hero story sounds a little bit interesting in times where it sounds pretty distant from any common situation.

The story has a bit of what we all know is the normal formula of the action stories, has a bad dude, a good mate and a society that is manipulated by the media. The reason I decided to include the media in my story is to show the great influence that can have on the decision of the people.

During the photo shoot which was taken in the Belconnen area, were used various scenarios that served as references to history, always taking care of the relationship between history-map to which we are referring, most were taken in areas surrounding the university Canberra.

The images were edited in Photoshop to adjust size, and edit the colours, finding the best ways in which visually fit the story, I also decided to modify a little lighting on the pictures to make them more interesting.

To store the images used Flickr which is a yahoo

tool because it gives me all I need of storage facilities, as easy as with one click I can get a URL with which I can easily link on my google map.

Flickr is a website that presents as diverse as positive tools, also has its limitations particularly for those like me who do not have a premium account.

Now with photos stored on the Internet it was time to start joining my story connecting the content previously added to the maps with images and history in general.

Final Project Link

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=es&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=113752219511818910705.0004859a99d641f101658&ll=-35.264123,149.119492&spn=0.168754,0.363579&z=12

Flickr link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10709237@N04/sets/72157623925565633/detail/

I hope you guys enjoy it.

Alejandro Gatica

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario