miércoles, 3 de marzo de 2010

Mashups and Apis

Uff, after this lecture everything I thought I leaned about web is now just confusion.

Mashups, programming, apis (application programming interface), oh my good no more code please!!

One of the things that I'm learning during this time in Australia is how different could be the way of making websites around the world, this study abroad semester is one of the best opportunities to explore and learn about how the things specifically websites are made here.

For example, in Mexico we also use css and html, but the css styles we use are just to give format to all the texts inside the website, because for design purposes we use the html making tables and trying to make it look as better as possible.

Something that I've found here is that css is more than text format, with the css you can modify completely the design of a website. One of my principal objectives on this semester is learn as much as possible about css, so that when I return to Mexico I wil
l teach my mates the benefits of using css on web design.



About mashups the only thing i've learned already is that you can make awesome stuff just knowing how to apply it. The demo websites that the lecturer showed us are incredibly nice, they show a new interactive way of making websites.

I hope during the next weeks I will learn more about this Mashups and Apis to use them on future websites to design.

Cheers.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario